Introduction

If you are reading this I'm sure you want to know the basic information and the validity of the author, because if you can't trust the source then what the hell is the point of taking the advice posted here. So here it is;


This is me, Jimmy is what most of my friends call me.
I've been in the Canadian Forces in an Infantry Reserve unit for just shy of 10 years.
I have been on Domestic operations only, and have not been overseas(I make this fact known because many people falsify what they have done during military service and I want this Blog to be transparent)
For 5 of the 10 years of my time spent in the CF I have been an Instructor on a wide range of courses but my favorite to teach were the Infantry trade qualification courses which is the basis on why I am creating this blog.
I like to hike... a lot, mainly because its the best way to see the country side and has great health benefits both physically and mentally.
Camping is also a passion of mine, it goes hand in hand with hiking and often forces the basic principles of survival.
I have spent time in the High Arctic and embrace winter to the fullest because in the majority of Canada there is no escaping it.

My main goal of this blog is to offer some of my experiences with the outdoors and document my past and upcoming travels while giving my own points to improve and points to sustain in the hopes that I may help others enjoy the outside like I do.

This is my first time Blogging and I hope the information I provide is helpful and fully welcome constructive criticism on how i can make this blog better. 


Comments

  1. I thank you very much because I am very enthusiastic about learning about hiking & camping, ESP. from 1 who's experinced.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Don't let your Feet, Foot the bill!

Hydrate or DIE!